Tuesday, February 17, 2015

BLOG POST #3 -- POINT OF VIEW IN WUTHERING HEIGHTS

The point of view in a story shapes the story the reader receives.  Choose a couple of important events in the novel, and describe how those events might be recounted by another character in the novel.


Thoroughly respond to my post, and comment on at least two of your classmates' responses before class on Friday, February 20.

64 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The point of view of the story could be told differently if a different character is telling the event. The time where Heathcliff and Catherine go to look at Thrushcross Grange could be told differently by the point of view of Catherine. After the dog bites her leg and she is taken in by the Lintons, she could show her thoughts on her transformation into a well groomed young lady. Another event that could be perceived differently would be the event of when Hareton was being dangled over the banister if it was Heathcliff telling what was happening and why he decided to save the child. The event would look different in his eyes of what he thought was happening. One more event is when Heathcliff came to Wuthering Heights for the first time and the view of Hindley. You would be able to see what he was feeling and how he perceived the dirty boy. It would be interesting to hear that perspective as they grow up together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your thoughts on changing the point of view to Catherine's when she was bitten by the dog at Thrushcross Grange. It might have shown us that she thought it was the right thing to do, to change into a young lady, at the time.

      Delete
    2. I would like to know what Catherine was thinking when she was taken into Thrushcross Grange after she was bitten too. I think it would be interesting to hear her side of the story about what happened and how they changed her.

      Delete
    3. I agree strongly with your response, it's very true that whichever character is telling the story that their point of view of the event will always be different than someone else's. The characters have different opinons on events that take place during the story.

      Delete
  3. I'd quite like to hear the incident between Heathcliff, Hindley, and Isabella from Hindley's point of view, describing his fight with Heathcliff and the events that take place after Isabella leaves. We've never had Hindley's point of view.

    Cathy's visit to the Heights might prove interesting from Cathy's point of view. I want to hear of Cathy's journey and her time in the Heights before Nelly arrived.

    There's always a period of time after an event that the original character's not aware of, but if those events were told from a different character's point of view, we might know about that missing time frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to hear about the incident between Hindley, Isabella, and Heathcliff to, I didn't think about that. It would be interesting to know what was going through Hindley's mind.

      Delete
    2. I also would like to hear about the incident between Heathcliff, Isabella, and Hindley from Hindley's point of view because I feel like he would give much detail. I never thought about this incident much to be honest and now I'm curious.

      Delete
    3. I would like to know exactly why Hindley disliked Heathcliff so much from the start. And his thoughts on his son and if he regrets not parenting him properly.

      Delete
    4. I agree that it would be interesting to see Cathy's view of her first visit to Wuthering Heights. I also liked that you mentioned that sometimes parts of the story were not described in much detail or at all because the person who told the story, in most of the case it was Nelly Dean, was not there.

      Delete
    5. I'd like to hear Hindleys point of view because maybe we would think he was a good guy and Heathcliff was a mean terrible person. I think that we would feel bad for him because he would make it seem like everything was taken away from by Heathcliff. By everything I mean his fathers attention and his property.

      Delete
    6. I think it would be very interesting to hear from Hindley's point of view because as you said we have never heard from him. Some of the scenes that happened between Heathcliff and Hindley would be interesting to hear exactly what happened between them.

      Delete
  4. Obviously the point of view of a story is very important to how it's told. In Wuthering Heights Nelly Dean is telling the story, she is telling Lockwood about what has happened in the past but what she is saying is her opinion. There is bias in what she says. If someone else was telling the story it might be a little different.
    For example if Hindley was telling the story he might recount what happened with Hareton a little differently. He might say that it was an accident, or maybe that he tripped and dropped Hareton down the steps. He wouldn't say that he was dangling his child over the steps, which is what Nelly Dean said happened. Hindley would most likely say that his relationship with his son was good, even though Nelly Dean said that he treated his son poorly and wasn't a good father.
    If Catherine was telling the story in Wuthering Heights she probably wouldn't portray herself as a whiny brat like Nelly Dean usually does. Catherine would probably say make it seem like it's not her fault that her and Heathcliff aren't together. But the way Nelly Dean tells the story, it is Catherine's fault they aren't together.
    Also if Heathcliff would be telling the story we would now where he was when he disappeared and where he got all of his money. However, since Nelly Dean is the narrator we don't where Heathcliff was during that time.
    If Nelly Dean wasn't telling the story and a different character was the story would be very different. There would still be bias in it would be from a different point of view so the story would change depending on who was telling it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, if Catherine was telling the story she probably wouldn't portray herself as so whiny! But she would probably still whine that it was Heathcliff who left her, not her leaving him.

      Delete
    2. That's a good point about Hindley's point of view on what was happening when he dangled Hareton over the banister. He would try and make it not seem like it was his fault. It would be interesting to hear about how Heathcliff got his money and what he did to get all of his wealth.

      Delete
    3. I agree with your idea about how biased the story is and how much the biases would change depending on who's telling the story. I like that you gave an example of each bias, and you're right, the story would be very different.

      Delete
    4. You brought up a few good points. I'd love to hear everything from Heathcliff's point of view. And I never thought of how Nelly's story could be bias.

      Delete
    5. I agree that Catherine's character would have been different if she was telling the story. She would make herself out to be the victim in every situation. I'm sure she wouldn't make herself out to be as whiny or rude either.

      Delete
  5. One important event that might change the shape of the story from a different point of view is when Catherine was taken in by the Linton's. If that event was told from Catherine's perspective I feel that she would probably explain how she loved all of the attention. She probably adored how they doted on her and made her into a proper lady and showered her with new nice things. If she told that from her perspective it would probably be more positive, whereas Heathcliff would've described that time as terrible.

    Another event that would've greatly changed if told from a different point of view could be when Cathy was born. If it was told from Heathcliff's perspective he probably would have been mourning her loss terribly and he would probably say that he's upset that Edgar and Catherine had a child together.

    A pretty big event that could change how the reader receives the story depending on the point of view is Heathcliff's arrival at the Earnshaw's. If it was told by Hindley he'd probably say how Heathcliff is a terrible person, filthy, and not educated. But if it came from Mr. Earnshaw's point of view he'd probably see himself as a hero for saving this boy off the streets and he probably thinks he's a good kid. Which is why point of view can really change a story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be interesting to see Catherine's stay at the Linton's from her point of view. You would be able to see how/when her opinions and behavior change, rather than just the end result.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you that the story would have changed greatly if the point of view was changed. I like how you said that Mr. Earnshaw would see himself as a hero for rescuing Heathcliff while most of the family saw him as a gross child.

      Delete
    3. I also think that it would've been interesting to hear Catherine's point of view when she was taken in by the Linton's.

      Delete
    4. You brought up points I had never thought of and I agree that the story would be been very different if it was told by someone else.

      Delete
    5. I agree that it would have been interesting to see Catherine when she was taken in by the Lintons to see how she was during that time. I believe that seeing all of those events from different point of views would have been interesting.

      Delete
  6. Many events in the story could've been told very differently through other points of views than they were told. I think a largely overlooked point of view would be Heathcliff's. He has come a long way in his life and it would be interesting to see his thought process and the way he looks at other characters. An event that could be told quite differently through Heathcliff's point of view would be when he was brought home from Liverpool with Mr. Earnshaw. We could've learned his story and how he felt when he was saved from the streets. Another event would be the time that Heathcliff was waiting in the garden of Thrushcross Grange for Nelly Dean to give Catherine his letter. It would be interesting to know what he was thinking while waiting to be invited inside. An event that no one told would be what happened when Heathcliff disappeared for three years. If the story were told through Heathcliff's point of view, we'd know everything that happened to him while he was gone, but we'd know nothing about what happened back at Wuthering Heights/ Thrushcross Grange. It would be interesting to know Heathcliff's thoughts, but not knowing them builds more upon the mysterious nature of the character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be really interesting to hear Heathcliff's point of view! Because like you said, he's come a long way in his life. I think it would be interesting to know everything he did while he was away for three years, because it influences him when he comes back.

      Delete
    2. I think it would be interesting to read Heathcliff's point of view from when he was a homeless boy in the streets of Liverpool. I'd love to read about his beginning.

      Delete
    3. Having Heathcliff tell the story would be an interesting take, but I agree with your statement on how the mysterious aspect of Heathcliff would not be there anymore because the reader would know everything about him and all of his reasons for doing what he does throughout the entire book.
      I feel like the book would be darker as well, since Heathcliff despises almost everyone in the book at some point, the reader would know his thoughts on everyone and how he wanted to seek revenge them.

      Delete
    4. I agree with your Heathcliff point. I think that the book would have had a different tone and labeled Edgar and possibly Catherine as being the ones at fault to him.

      Delete
  7. If the point of view was changed there would be many different explanations of the different events. If Heathcliff were telling the story of Catherine getting caught by the Linton's dog he would have spoken like he was more upset because that was when he first lost Catherine. If Heathcliff told the story were Hindley dropped Hareton over the railing he would have talked about how mean and drunken that Hindley was and how he wishes for revenge. Heathcliff would make it seem like he was kind and the story would be biased to make him seem more like a gentleman and never doing anything wrong. He would constantly be talking about how he misses Catherine also, while justifying all of his actions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting that you said if Heathcliff was the narrator then the story would be biased toward his thoughts of himself being a perfect angel. Even though he was, in my opinion, a very bad man. Also, you had nice examples. Nice job, Evann with two N's.

      Delete
    2. I agree with how you said that the story would be biased, if Heathcliff was telling the story because it would make him seem like a gentlemen. If Heathcliff was telling the story, it would be different because Heathcliff isn't a good person but he would make it seem like he was.

      Delete
  8. I think many of the events in the story wouldn't have been told in as much detail if the narrator wasn't Nelly Dean. She may not be the most reliable point of view, but she does have first hand experience of most of the story. Because she's a servant in the house, she's always around and always interacting with the characters. That being said, she definitely puts her own opinion into the story.
    In one of the first big events, Heathcliff arriving at Wuthering Heights for the first time, it's obvious that Nelly has a distinct viewpoint. She refers to him as an 'it', and is critical of his appearance. Had the narrator been different, we would've had a much different description of Heathcliff and out image of him might've been changed.
    Another event that would be different is Heathcliff's absence. If the point of view had been different, we might have knowledge of what happened during that time. I also think the relationships might be viewed differently if the point of view was changed. While Nelly is there for some of it, there is a lot of interaction we don't see with all of the couples. They could act completely different when other people aren;t around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting that you think the events wouldn't be told in much detail. I think they still would be it would just be from a different perspective. I agree that we don't see all of the interaction with the couples and that would definitely change the view point.

      Delete
    2. I agree that the story wouldn't be told in as much detail because overall she was there during the whole story unlike Heathcliff who disappeared for a little bit or Catherine who locked herself away in her room.

      Delete
  9. If Catherine told the history of Wuthering Heights instead of Nelly Dean, the accounts for what happened at Wuthering Heights would be more biased in Catherine's favor, rather than neutral, like how Nelly Dean told the stories.
    If Catherine told how Heathcliff left for three years and returned, it would be more about her and she would give reasons on why she married Edgar over Heathcliff and make it seem more reasonable than the fact she married Edgar for money. She would say that Heathcliff left her heartbroken, meanwhile Catherine was the one who rejected Heathcliff, and how she felt she had no choice but to marry Edgar. She would say how Heathcliff was the one who "killed her", and it was through no fault of her own that they couldn't be together, she simply did what she had to do, by marrying Edgar, is she wanted a good social status.
    Catherine would also speak more poorly of Isabella, most likely expanding on how foolish she thought Isabella was for thinking Heathcliff could ever love Isabella like he loves her.
    Catherine would also throw in more pity for herself and make the whole storyline seem like it was against her and she was the major victim of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about how you said the novel would be biased in Catherine's favor if she were to tell the novel. You wouldn't really get to see the facts and you would only be left with what Catherine wanted to believe.

      Delete
    2. I agree that Catherine would be very bias. Catherine would want everyone to feel bad for her and not know what else was going on.

      Delete
  10. There are a few parts of the novel that could have definitely been told in a different way by another character in the novel. When Catherine was expressing her troubles with Edgar and Heathcliff to Nelly Dean, the point of view could have been different if Heathcliff was telling the story. He could have explained what he was seeing and how he was feeling compared to how Nelly Dean interpreted it.
    When Catherine went out to search for Heathcliff the story might have changed if the story was told in Catherine's point of view. The reader might have had more sympathy for her throughout the rest of the novel if we truly understood what she was thinking at that moment. We only understood what Nelly observed and thought so we were persuaded to feel somewhat the same as her.
    When Hareton was being hung over the stairs by Hindley, we were thought to believe he was just in a drunk rampage, but if the story was told in Hindley's point of view, we would have been able to tell what he was thinking and how he felt in that point of the story. It might have been expressed how he felt towards his son and if he really loved him or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also like to hear Catherine's point of view when she went out to search for Heathcliff. I think it would be really interesting to hear the actual thoughts and feelings running through her head.

      Delete
  11. Since most of the story is told in Nelly Dean’s point of view, there might not be any exact truth to what happened in this story. Each character is biased in their own way. For example when Hindley was in a drunken rage and dropped Hareton over the banister, Nelly Dean was probably feeling very nervous and scared because she cared for Hareton for most of his life. When Heathcliff caught him, according to his cruel nature he might have been upset that he saved the boy’s life. Another example could be when Heathcliff ran away. Edgar was probably very happy that Heathcliff was out of his life and Catherine was not distracted by him. On the other side of things, Catherine was very upset, so much so that she went looking for Heathcliff and caught a sickness that made her delirious. Finally, when Isabella married Heathcliff, Edgar was mad at her and said she disowned her own family while at the time she thought it was worth it because Heathcliff loved her. Another way to look at it is in Heathcliff’s point of view. He was basically using her to get to Edgar and eventually own his property. A lot of events in this story could have been told in multiple people’s point of views and they would all be different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked what you said about how there might not be any truth to what exactly happened through the story because each character is biased in there own way. I totally agree with that because each character would describe what happened in a different way. Something a character thinks is right could be the opposite of what another character thinks.

      Delete
  12. An event in Wuthering Heights that could be told from a different point of view would be where Hindely was pushing Hareton over the banister and Heathcliff saves him. If it was told from Heathcliff’s point of view it would have been him seeing Hindely drunk and him pushing him over the banister. It would have been him seeing him falling a deciding to save him. Another event in the story that could be told from a different point of view would be when Edgar and Heathcliff are fighting. If it was told from Edgar’s point of view then it would have been about how Edgar feels about Heathcliff and about what he was doing during the fight with Heathcliff. It could have told about how he hit Heathcliff in the throat and all of the things that occurred. A one other event that could be told from another point of view is when Heathcliff left for three years. Heathcliff would be telling about what he did to get and education and wealth in those years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be interesting to read how Edgar feels about Heathcliff through Edgars point of view. I agree with what you said about how if Heathcliff was telling the story, because it would be interesting to find out how he got wealthy in educated in those three years.

      Delete
  13. The point of view in a story shapes the story the reader receives. An event that might be recounted by another character in the novel is when Catherine gets attacked by the dog at the Linton's. From Nelly's point of view it didn't seem so bad, it was both Catherine and Heathcliff's fault. It would have been a lot different from Hindley's point of view. He despises Heathcliff and would put all the blame on him, it would make him seem a lot worse than he already is.

    Another important event is when Catherine has her baby and dies. Of course it's sad from Nelly Dean's perspective, but imagine it from Heathcliff's. He loved her and would make it very very sad. He loved her, she was his soul mate. It would be completely different from Edgar's point of view. He was mad at her for her feelings towards Heathcliff, and really didn't pay much attention to her when she was sick/dying. When she died, I feel like he didn't care much, so if the story was told from his point of view, it would seem like it wasn't a big deal at all and that everyone should just forget about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that Heathcliff would make Catherine's death very sad, and it would be very different from Nelly's. I think it would be interesting to hear the story from Edgar's point of view. I believe that Edgar did love Catherine and did feel morose at her death. If he did not love her or feel sad then he would not have buried her by the mores.

      Delete
  14. I think a lot of events in this story could change depending on who told it. If Hindley was telling the story, I don't think anyone would like Heathcliff. Hindley could have used his personal feelings to persuade the readers into not liking him. An event that would change in Hindley's point of view was when he was dangling Hareton over the edge of the stairs or whenever Hindley hit Heathcliff or Hareton.

    I also think that if the story was told by someone who truly cared what Catherine wanted, they wouldn't have shown her when she acted out or was whinny. This could have changed the way we felt about her.

    I think another big change would be if Isabella or Edgar told the story. Edgar very much loved Catherine but hated Heathcliff. This could have changed the situation of when Edgar found Heathcliff with Catherine before she died. Also if Isabella told the story it would change things with Linton and it would show how her feelings changed for Heathcliff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your point about Isabella or Edgar telling the story. It would have definitely had a different feeling and tone.

      Delete
  15. I think that Wuthering Heights would be very different, if Nelly Dean was not the narrator. It would be a different point of view if it was anyone else. The part when Hindley dropped Hareton down the staircase, it would have been different if Hindley or Heathcliff was telling the story. Hindley would have told the story in his point of view, which probably would be completely different from Nelly. Nelly tells the story on how she remembered, and what she saw, and if Hindley told that part of the story, he might make is seem like it was an accident, or that there was a reason for it. If Catherine was telling the story at the part where she is putting herself in a fit, she would make it seem like it was all Heathcliff and Edgars fault for her misery and that she didn't do anything. If Heathcliff was telling the story, he would be able to tell us everything he has done when he ran away from Wuthering Heights. Such as how he got wealthy, and how he got an education. I think Nelly Dean is the best narrator for this book, because we know everything that is happening through her eyes, and we know it is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true about how Nelly tells the stories on how she remembered and on what she saw. She might not have everything right and having different people tell the story everything would be different.

      Delete
    2. I liked that you gave reasons, during your explanation of the staircase incident, for why each character involved might have felt the way that they did. Other than that it was a well written response. Good job.

      Delete
    3. I really liked your response. It's very true that if heathcliff was telling the story he could've told us things that were not mentioned or explained too well in the story because it's from Nelly Dean's point of view. I would really like too know where he went for those three years and how he gained his wealth.

      Delete
  16. An important event in the novel that had different points of view for each character was when Nelly Dean and Heathcliff went down to Thrushcross Grange to talk to Catherine. The event is narrated through Nelly, so the thoughts and feelings of both Catherine and Heathcliff are only guessed by Nelly. If the event was told by either Catherine or Heathcliff, then all of their thoughts of love and forgiveness would have been poured out to the reader. Another important event would be when Heathcliff left for three years near the beginning of the book. Again the point of view of how that affected everyone was told through Nelly Dean. If that event was told through Catherine, or even Heathcliff, then it would have a better understanding of either Catherine's or Heathcliff's feeling about him leaving and returning after three years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I also think it would be cool to see Heathcliffs absence from his point of view.

      Delete
  17. I think that if the story was told from Heathcliff's point of view a lot of the events would be told differently. Since Nelly Dean is telling the story it’s telling and showing the whole picture, but if Heathcliff was too tell the story is feel that he would leave pieces out to cater to how he feels. He hates Edgar, or has a very strong disliking too him. So when events that involve Edgar, such as when the Linton’s come over for dinner, he would make them look worse and sort of like cruel people. He might even exaggerate what the Linton’s did/ said so when Heathcliff retaliates it makes it look okay and that “justice" was served. The Linton’s weren't bad people, it’s just the way they were raised was to be proper and weren't raised around people like Heathcliff. So to see him as he is isn't really acceptable to them. Also Heathcliff hates Hindley, so an event that involves Hindley, like forbidding him to see Catherine ever again, Heathcliff might leave out pieces to the story as why Hindley did that, He would make Hindley look even more evil, more cruel than what he already seems to be, so when Heathcliff plots his revenge on Hindley or takes action we won’t feel bad for Hindley at all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the scene with Hareton throwing rocks at Nelly would be hilarious told from Haretons point of view. It would just be a bunch of gibberish with a few swear words and then a lot of yelling in his mind up to the point where he throws the rock.
    The scene where Catherine's ghost comes to Mr. Lockwood in a dream would be very interesting told from Heathcliffs point of view. I think it would shed some more light on how much Heathcliff is in love with Catherine. We would actually be able to see how he thinks.
    I would like to see any scene the Hindley is drunk told from Hindleys point of view. That might reveal some things to would put Hindley in a different perspective for some people.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think if Catherine would have narrated this book, we would have gotten a better understanding of why some things were done. We were told in the book that she did not want to marry Heathcliff because he did not have high enough social status that she wanted or that she had. I do not think that this is the entire reason for not wanting to marry him, and if she would have narrated the novel, we might have found out more reasons. I think we could have also found out more of her thoughts and feelings of Edgar. I believe she had to have liked him equally as much as Heathcliff because even though the story told us she basically married him for his money, I think if she really wanted to commit to someone for potentially her whole life, there had to be more behind it.
    I also think it would of been interesting if Heathcliff would have narrated the novel, because I would like to hear what he really and truly thought of the whole situation of Catherine marrying Edgar. Although Heathcliff ran away when she overheard Catherine and Nelly Dean talking, I would like to know why he ran away for so long. Why was he that upset that she said she did not want to marry him? I would be interested to see what made him that upset that he just ran away from his life.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The first time that Catherine and Heathcliff went to Thrushcross Grange would be told very different if it was told from the point of view of Heathcliff. Heathcliff would make the situation out worse than it was. Heathcliff would say how terrible the Linton's were. He would make it seem as if the Linton's captured Catherine and would not let her out, or let him in to see her. Another situation that would be different from other point of view would be when Isabella and Heathcliff get married. Either point of view, Catherine or Edgar, would be very different from Nelly Dean. Catherine would go in to extraordinary detail about how Heathcliff does not love Isabella at all, and how he is just marrying her for the money and to get revenge on Edgar. Catherine would also say how stupid Isabella is for ever believing Heathcliff could love her when everyone knows that Heathcliff loves Catherine. That scene would be told the same from Edgar's point of view, but Edgar would say all the terrible things that Heathcliff did before he was married to Isabella. A lot of events in this story would be told very different if it was another persons point of view. The events that we know would be almost completely different if told from another person.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that when Heathcliff leaves for his three year absence, that in another point of view from Nelly Dean's view it could be seen as a way for Heathcliff to try to win over Catherine because she had just informed him that it would degrade her to marry him, so another point of view could be that he left out of anger, which he did, but also to become more proper and wealthy, in hope to win over Catherine, but by the time he returns, it is too late.

    Another example could be Nelly Dean telling the story from her view, where as her view might be completely different than what Heathcliff or Joseph witnessed of what their point of view from the story might be. I think to fully understand what happened, Lockwood will have to speak to as many people as he can and get all of the sides of the story to be able to fully comprehend it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. One important event that could be told from a different point of view is when Catherine goes to stay with the Linton's, after she was bit by the dog. Catherine could have described her time spent with the Linton's and how it was different from her time spent at Wuthering Heights. Also how she changed and learned how to be proper from them.
    Another event is when Nelly Dean comes to visit Isabella and Heathcliff at Wuthering Heights, Isabella could have told the scene from her point of view. She could have described what she was hearing Nelly Dean and Heathcliff talk about and how she felt about what Heathcliff was saying about how he still loved Catherine. I also believe the event where Catherine dies could have been told through what Edgar was feeling about losing Catherine and what he felt about Cathy. That scene could also be told by how Heathcliff was feeling and how he felt about Isabella now that Catherine had died. I believe its sometimes better to have a different character tell a scene because you get a different feeling of what if happening and how the character is feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree that it would have been interesting to see Catherine's point of view when she was with the Lintons. I would like to see Heathcliff's point of view when he was away for three years though.

      Delete
  23. Every story that is told is always biased because it is the narrators opinion. If Heathcliff shared his point of view it might give us a better insight on how he feels about Catherine. It would also be interesting to be with him on his journey and see his transformation the time he was gone.
    I'm also very curious about how Edgar would share the story. I'd like to know if he cared about Catherine as much as Heathcliff does. Did it hurt him deeply when he disowns her? It would be cool to be able and see the story from a different perspective because it might completely alter the story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I also thought that it would be interesting to see her point of view for when she stayed with the Linton's. And I did not even think about hearing from another point of view when Catherine dies. Now I am questioning what might have been different.

    ReplyDelete